Jamestown Distributors will be offering up (loaning out) 4 O’Pen BICs to be used in yacht club Junior Programs in RI for 2 days this summer (2 days for each participating YC). The goal is to get more kids sailing O’Pen BICs and trying a new boat and a new way to experience jr sailing.
How it works:
- Sign Up! Contact Mike Mills at Jamestown Distributors email@example.com
- Request a week this summer when you want the O’Pen BIC summer tour to stop at your yacht club.
- Alden Haverly, a Jamestown Distributors employee, will deliver the BICs to your yacht club.
- Alden will work with one of your instructors on rigging, and sailing.
- After 2 days of sailing, Alden / JD will return, check off the boats, pack the boats up and take them to the next yacht club.
- O’Pen BICs need to be used in conjunction with sailing programs while they have them.
- A representative of your yacht club Jr program needs to meet Alden, receive the boats, sign off on the checklist and waiver, get trained on rigging and sailing, and take responsibility for the fleet for 2 days.
- Sailors must respect the boats and their fellow sailors
- Boats need to be returned in the same condition as they were loaned.
Don’t Forget!: Tiverton Yacht Club is hosting the RI O’Pen BIC Intergalactic State Championships. Sailors from Massachusetts, Connecticut, and RI are invited to sail in this A/B fleet O’pen Bic Regatta on July 30. This event will be run “Un-Regatta” style.
O’Pen Bics can also be purchased at Jamestown Distributors (Click here). Add one to your fleet for fast familiy fun and some sweet racing, too!